Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tying it All Together

With Thanksgiving finally here, the time has come for my online class on instructional technologies to come to a close. Some weeks have been long and exhausting while others have flown right by. I have had exposure to some truly exciting and engaging technologies I hope to implement in my own classroom but also experienced a few mediocre technologies that I probably won't try to implement.

One of the technologies I know I will be implementing is Google Docs...both the Spreadsheet and Form applications hold some very clear benefits to me, as the teacher, and my students. For this reason, I incorporated a Google Spreadsheet into my webquest which allowed students to discover the magic of the Golden Ratio through the webquest and report their findings through the spreadsheet link. I feel students would enjoy this added interactive component to the webquest.

Lastly, this final week allowed me to tie everything together into an electronic portfolio that displayed all technologies that I tinkered with over the semester. I was proud upon completing the portfolio because it was something I developed entirely on my own. Furthermore, it is a great reference tool that I now manage and can share or utilize at any point in the future.

Overall, this was a very beneficial class that provided me with some tangible tools in becoming a better teacher. Now get me into the classroom!...but first, please pass the turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment